Running ASP.Net MVC Beta on discountasp.net
Last year, it takes abit of a hack to run asp.net mvc application on discountasp.net. But those days are now gone.
You can now have full url routing. gone are the days when you have to call the controler Home.mvc.aspx!
The steps are straightforward
- Include the 3 mvc dll into the deployment
To do that, in the mvc web app project, expand the references node
open up the properties tab on these 3 dlls, and select copy local: true
- Upload the mvc web app to discountasp.net
- Login to discountasp.net admin tool, configure the folder as a web app as normal
(Web application tool, create application)
- Under IISTool. Confirm that you are running IIS integrated mode rather than classic mode.
- You now should have asp.net mvc beta web app running on discount asp.net
Tried and tested with
Asp.net 3.5 SP1, MVC Beta web application
DiscountAsp.net shared hosting running .net 3.5 SP1